It is only 18 days 9 hours 21 minutes and 15 seconds left according to the countdown timer BlackFridayAds have put on their banner.
The last Black Friday post has turned out to be the most searched for page of my blog. It is not surprising at all taking into account that Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL already has Christmas decorations up for a couple of weeks. Holidays in the United States have been commercialized to a great extent.
Anyway, there is some progress to report which is what I am going to do. The links below point to Black Friday related parts of the corresponding web sites.
- FatWallet has added a forum section dedicated to Black Friday rumors
- So did SlickDeals — the runner up in our most popular sites list
- BFAds are proudly taking the first position in Google search result by “Black Friday”.
- while GottaDeal comes in the second. I guess Goggle doesn’t know they are the “Official Black Friday site”. ;-)
- blackfriday.info is in sponsored and main Google search results. They are really serious trying to take the lead. Make sure to check them out
- DealTaker is busy filling in their Black Friday secion. They posted 16 rumors so far.
- I already mentioned BlackFridayAds — a new web site catering to hungry Black Friday shoppers. I suspect it is affiliated with AnandTech
- bf-06.com has come online with a few scans of Black Friday ads (thanks to errno for this tip)
- TheBlackFriday moves to the bottom of my list. So far it has not met my expectations content wise
This will the the list to check. There are also web sites like beatthecrowd.net and blackfridaygear.com that try to monetize on the rush. Yet I seriously doubt these will give you any original content.
Let me know if I missed any web site on my Black Friday shopping list. If it has original (not re-posted) rumors — I will be happy to add it.