Exclusive on ProBargainHunter
Encouraged by the success of an experimental project launched last year to test the market, owners of SlickDeals and FatWallet, two popular online bargain hunting destinations, have agreed to join forces and are together launching a new website which will combine the best qualities of the two.
I was lucky to get a sneak peek at the forthcoming press release last night and here are some of the highlighted features
- Customized user signatures and avatars with no size limit
- Integrated collection of 10,000 preconfigured smiles
- Forum administrators elected via open user vote
- Woot off type auctions running every day including Weekends and holidays
- Cash back on purchases equal to the entire affiliate commission received from merchants (MoneyBackCo style but without membership fee)
- Discussing competing deals sites is encouraged and rewarded with “Competition” points, each equal to five old “Reputation” points
The new business entity is expected to launch as a corporation with future plans for IPO and to help spread the buzz, a promotion will be announced where active forum participants are granted a stock option for every hour they spend online.
There has been no agreement reached yet over what the domain name will be and the marketing teams are still bouncing between two possible candidates, SlickWallet and FatDeals, but this small problem is not going to stand on the way for long and the official announcement is expected sometimes next week.
Make sure to check back soon for an update, or better yet subscribe to our full RSS feed for a daily doze of food for your brain.