Shopzilla WordPress Plugin (version 1.1)

Update 09/08: The latest released version is 1.3, you can read the release notes and download the updated plugin here

This is a minor update to the Shopzilla WordPress Plugin I released back in February. It adds a new column that shows merchant ratings according to BizRate, a Shopzilla company. It also incorporates a change to the domain name Shopzilla introduced with the latest overhaul of their XML feeds.

To upgrade - just download this archive and copy its content of on top of your previous installation in the “plugins” folder. For new installations please refer to the Readme file that comes with this plugin.

Here is how the plugin looks now (below). For more details please read my original blog post.

10 Responses to “Shopzilla WordPress Plugin (version 1.1)”

1. 1 Michael Apr 11th, 2008 at 4:28 pm

Hello!

I’m having a problem in IE 7 with the plugin breaking the page layout.

Here’s an example page. Go there and give it a minute or so and the center column will break and extend beyond the bottom of the page layout.

2. 2 Yan Apr 11th, 2008 at 5:35 pm

I just opened it in IE6. There seems to be a layout problem. Your middle column is too wide and pushes the right sidebar down.

If this is the problem you try to fix then open the shopzilla/style.css file for editing, add this line and refresh the page:

#shopzilla { width: 450px; }

You will have to play with the width value so the widget fits fine on your page.

3. 3 halogenmaster Apr 26th, 2008 at 3:55 am

Thank you very much for wordpress plug-in.

I try to install in my site

IT’s very good.

4. 4 Al May 2nd, 2008 at 1:12 am

Yan great plug-in…THanks!
    Just what I was looking for. Great site.

@halogenmaster what program do you use to produce you site…I like yours as well…

5. 5 Taylor Adams May 17th, 2008 at 1:22 pm

I’m having a bit of trouble when the rating image is not available. It displays a broken image box. I’m not sure if this is a configuration problem on my end, or if I can ad function in the script to display an alternative “blank.gif” image when the smiley is not available. I’ve tried to mod the script on my own but so far haven’t had any luck. Thanks!

6. 6 Yan May 17th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Can you give me an example of this happening? If this is something I can detect on my end then I can add an option to the widget to display a custom image

7. 7 Taylor Adams May 18th, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Thanks so much for the quick response. The URL of one example is: http://www.appleproductbargain.....pod-nanos/

Unless it gets updated, the vendor “irepairsquad” is not yet rated, thus has a blank rating .gif. Firefox eliminated the broken image but it shows in IE. There’s also an example under “Compare Ipod Speakers” for the vendor “Frontgate”

Thanks for your work on a great plugin.

8. 8 Yan May 18th, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Alright, I got it fixed. IE should not display the broken image any longer. I will incorporate the fix into the new plug-in release. Meanwhile, please use this update as a work-around. You can just update shopzilla.php from the archive (and keep your custom styling, if you had any) since this is the only changed file.

9. 9 Taylor Adams May 18th, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Fantastic! That works perfectly for now. I appreciate your help, and will send you a link to take a look at the site layout when I finish fleshing things out and fully customize the CSS layout.

1. 1 Politivi.com :: Shopzilla Wordpress Plugin Pingback on Apr 11th, 2008 at 5:26 pm